Criteria for success, the Mile Hi way
Feb. 1, 2014
by Laurie Gorton
To provide structure to activities performed by Mile Hi associates, the management team clearly articulates the company’s criteria for success. “These values are communicated and trained and talked up among all employees,” said Bakery Director Paul Chan, and he listed them.
- Match and exceed current plant product quality attributes for all varieties.
- Evaluate and produce product that matches or exceeds “target bakery” product quality attributes for all varieties.
- Accomplish the above action lines within a single product approval visit by the customer’s quality system management group.
- Constant preview and review of 1) current vs. 2) new vs. 3) “target bakery” product quality with an action plan to monitor and close all quality and process gaps.
- Realize plant time and yield efficiencies within or faster than planned budget and action time lines.
- Maintain OUR new plant at superior Food Safe rated plant and SQF Level 3 facility.
- Train our personnel to excel in our new plant, and have fun doing so!