A back-up GIF should be provided for all Flash ads.
Clicks on Flash ads can only be tracked with the proper code included in the initial design. A clickTAG button must be added on the topmost layer and contain the following action script exactly as it appears:
getURL (clickTAG, "_blank");
clickTAG Coding Instructions
Use the getURL() function in the Actions-Frame panel to write the tracking code.
- Add an extra layer to the top of the layer panel.
- Select that layer with the Selection tool.
- Choose the Rectangle tool and cover the creative throughout the entire timeline.
- Convert the rectangle into a "Button" symbol.
- Make the rectangle transparent: Effect panel > Alpha > 0%
- In the Actions-Frame panel, give the following action to the transparent rectangle:
On Mouse Event: Release
Check the Expression box so there are no quotes around clickTAG