DSM enters enzyme joint venture in China
June 9, 2011
by Jeff Gelski
DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS — DSM has closed on a joint venture agreement for the enzyme activities of Yixing QianCheng Bio-Engineering Co. Ltd. in China. The joint venture will be called DSM (Jiangsu) Biotechnology Co. Ltd. DSM will be the majority shareholder with 85% of the shares, and Yixing QianCheng Bio-Engineering Co. Ltd. will own the remaining 15%.
“This joint venture provides DSM with a strong enzyme operating platform in Chinese and Asian markets,” said Lars Asferg, director of business unit enzyme solutions for DSM Food Specialties. “Food is a local business, and you need to be present in your customers markets to create innovative solutions to meet the specific local preferences of our customers.”