Innovation products, services highlight I.A.O.M. showcase
June 14, 2013
Search for similar articles by keyword: [IAOM
NIAGARA FALLS, ONT. — The International Association of Operative Millers Expo featured 125 exhibit booths with suppliers from all over the world showcasing products and services from April 29 to May 3 in Niagara Falls.
The presentations for the “Product Showcase” portion of the expo were made in the individual booths of the presenting companies.
• Foss gave a demonstration on its ProFoss In-Line Grain and Flour Analyzer, which is used to optimize and monitor the wheat blending process. The instrument detects real time and display process changes to the moisture and protein of wheat. Millers may use the information to ensure consistent wheat blends time after time.
• The Bühler team made a presentation on its Particulus MYTA, which combines laser diffraction and image processing in one system. The Particulus MYTA is suitable for continuous granulation measurement ranging from 10 to 5,000 microns.
• Premier Tech Chronos debuted its new APR-1600 Robotic Palletizer, a hybrid which includes features of a conventional palletizer while using a robot. It is designed to handle 25- to 110-lb bags.
• vibronet’s Sylvia Graf presented information on her company’s remodeled cereal dampener, which was granted a new patent in 2012. The machine treats grain up to 40 tph at a reduced height. The automatic water dosage and throughput control system are built in at no extra space. Clean design and optimized vibration forced allow up to 12% water addition in one pass. The Siemens touch control allows easy inspection and maintenance together with Ethernet and profibus connectivity.
• The Cimbria/Bratney team gave a demonstration on its Moduflex, which is a “dust proof” means of loading grain, flour or midds into any type of flatbed truck, tanker truck or vessel. The Moduflex is built with a modular construction for easy component replacement and is available in numerous sizes to handle a wide range of capacity requirements.