September butter, cheese, pork stocks up from 2008
September butter, cheese, pork stocks up from 2008
BakingBusiness.com, October 26, 2009
by Bakingbusiness Staff

Bookmark and Share

WASHINGTON — Frozen stocks of butter, cheese and pork on Sept. 30 were greater than year-earlier levels, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Cold Storage report.

Total natural cheese stocks were 970,526,000 lbs, down 1% from August but up 16% from the previous year, the U.S.D.A. said. Butter stocks were 230,227,000 lbs, down 11% from levels in August but up 23% from September 2009.

Total frozen egg stocks on Sept. 30 were 21,535,000 lbs, down 5% from August and down 2% from September 2008. Stocks of egg whites were 2,623,000 lbs, down 10% from the previous month and down 15% from the previous year. Frozen egg yolk stocks were 1,500,000 lbs, up 15% from the previous month and up 33% from the previous year. Whole and mixed egg stocks came in at 8,793,000 lbs, down 8% from August and down 1% from September 2008.

Turkey stocks totaled 615,096,000 lbs, down 6% from August and down 1% from September 2008, and total chicken stocks were 636,729,000 lbs, down 2% from the previous month and down 16% from the previous year. Overall, total frozen poultry supplies were 1,257,086,000 lbs, down 4% from August and down 9% from September 2008, the U.S.D.A. said.

Total red meat supplies were 992,269,000 lbs, up 1% from August but down 2% from September 2008. Total frozen beef stocks were 434,091,000 lbs, up 3% from the previous month but down 4% from the previous year. Frozen pork stocks totaled 531,874,000 lbs, equal with levels from the previous month and up 1% from the previous year. Frozen pork belly stocks were 38,286,000 lbs, down 22% from August but up 80% from last year.

Total frozen vegetable stocks were 2,602,937,000 lbs, up 19% from August and up 6% from the previous year.

Stocks of frozen french fries were 928,646,000 lbs, up 3% from August and equal with levels in September 2008.

Stocks of all types of frozen fruit totaled 1,202,020,000 lbs, down 4% from August but up 6% from the previous year.

Stocks of frozen orange juice concentrate were 1,220,713,000 lbs, down 5% from the previous month but up 2% from the previous year.

Fresh apples in regular and controlled storage totaled 3,225,878,000 lbs, up significantly from August and up 1% from September 2008.


Bookmark and Share
   EDITOR'S PICKS
Add a Comment
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.
Name:
Email Address:
Comment:
The views expressed in the comments section of BakingBusiness.com do not reflect those of BakingBusiness.com or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.
Enter code as it is shown (required):
READER COMMENTS (0)
  

LATEST NEWS