Engelen to join CHS as v.p. of government affairs

by Eric Schroeder
Share This:

ST. PAUL, MINN. — John Engelen has been named vice-president of government affairs at CHS, Inc., effective Feb. 20. Mr. Engelen will lead the company’s federal and state government affairs, serving as CHS lead representative on a wide range of energy, grain, agriculture, cooperative and other issues with Congress, and federal and state agencies. He also will manage the company’s Washington-based government affairs office.

“We are very pleased to have John join CHS,” said Patrick Kluempke, executive vice-president of corporate services. “He brings significant insight and experience on many issues that are important to CHS diverse energy, grains and foods business portfolio, and to our member cooperatives and producer owners.”

Mr. Engelen has more than 25 years of experience managing a range of legislative issues at the federal, state and local level. Most recently, he was vice-president of the Office of Governmental and Community Affairs at Emory University in Atlanta, where he focused on policy issues, including health care, higher education, research, energy, food safety, public and global health, animal welfare and transportation. Prior to joining Emory University, he directed federal relations for the University of Minnesota, where he implemented a comprehensive federal relations program to advance advocacy for the land-grant research university. He also has held government relations positions at two Fortune 500 companies and served on the legislative policy staff of Senator Dave Durenberger of Minnesota.

Mr. Engelen received a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.



The views expressed in the comments section of Baking Business News do not reflect those of Baking Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.