New ready-to-eat cereals geared toward weight conscious consumers.
MINNEAPOLIS — Weight Watchers has partnered with MOM Brands to offer a new line of ready-to-eat cereals at select retailers, with additional distribution coming by January 2015. MOM Brands, which is the largest family-owned cereal company in the United States, is licensed to manufacture and distribute the brand.
The new cereal will be available in five varieties:
• Weight Watchers oat clusters with almonds — Features sweetened flakes of corn and wheat, with added granola clusters made with steel cut oats and sliced almonds. The 120-calorie cereal includes 8 grams of whole grains per serving, and it has a PointsPlus value of 3 per serving.
• Weight Watchers whole grain honey nut toasted oats — Includes honey and provides 13 essential vitamins and minerals, as well as 120 calories per serving and 18 grams of whole grains. The cereal has a PointsPlus value of 3 per serving.
• Weight Watchers frosted shredded wheat with protein — Features 12 layers of sweetened whole grain wheat, 6 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, 40 grams of whole grains and 210 calories per serving. The cereal has a PointsPlus value of 5 per serving.
• Weight Watchers oat clusters with cherries and almonds — Includes sweetened flakes of corn and wheat with added whole grain oat granola clusters, sliced almonds and cherries. The cereal provides 8 essential vitamins and minerals, has 120 calories per serving and has a PointsPlus value of 3 per serving.
• Weight Watchers chocolate frosted shredded wheat — Features 12-layer biscuits that have 38 grams of whole grains and 5 grams of fiber per serving. The 210-calorie cereal includes chocolate morsels and has a PointsPlus value of 5 per serving.
“When it comes to food purchasing decisions, taste and health are high on consumers’ grocery lists,” said Dorothy Johnson, Weight Watchers brand manager, MOM Brands. “We are excited to give weight-conscious consumers new cereals that they can feel good about eating and help them lead healthier lifestyles without sacrificing taste and convenience.”The new cereals are available at Kroger, Safeway, Meijer and several other retailers across the country, with national distribution expected in January 2015.