ATLANTA — Todd Wallin, chairman of the Biscuit & Cracker Manufacturers’ Association and president of Ellison Bakery, Inc., Fort Wayne, Ind., presented the Chairman’s Award for Safety Excellence to a number of bakeries on May 2 at the B.&C.M.A. technical conference held in Atlanta. The winners had the best — meaning least — DART incidence rate in 2015 for their bakery, categorized by size.
Each of the facilities demonstrated an outstanding commitment and dedication to employee safety and excellence, according to the association.
Bakeries with fewer than 200 employees achieving a DART incidence rate of 0 for the year 2015 included the following:
• Chattanooga Bakery, Inc., Chattanooga, Tenn.
• D.F. Stauffer Biscuit Co., Inc., Cuba, N.Y.
• D.F. Stauffer Biscuit Co., Inc., Santa Ana, Calif.
• Newly Weds Foods, Mount Pleasant Division, Mount Pleasant, Texas.
• Newly Weds Foods, Watertown Division, Watertown, Mass.
Bakeries with fewer than 500 employees achieving a DART incidence rate of 0 for the year 2015 included the following:
• Kellogg Co., Muncy Bakery, Muncy, Pa.
• Newly Weds Foods, Springdale Division, Springdale, Ark.The bakery with fewer than 800 employees achieving a DART incidence rate of 0.160 for the year 2015 was Kellogg Co., Augusta Bakery, Augusta, Ga.