MANHATTAN, KAS. — Masayuki Miyake of Yamazaki Baking Co. and Thomas Gude of Flowers Foods, Inc. recently were recognized with the BEMA Excellence in Laboratory Leadership award. Mr. Miyake and Mr. Gude received the honor (along with an iPad) during the graduation ceremony for AIB International’s Baking Science and Technology course.
The award is voted on by secret ballot by the Baking Science and Technology teaching staff. According to BEMA, these individuals represent someone who:
- Demonstrates consistency, fairness, trust and truthfulness in interpersonal relationships with fellow students, staff and instructors.
- Performs in a superior manner. Continually strives to produce outstanding results, which enhances the learning experience.
- Recognizes, understands and appreciates that fellow students are from different cultures and experiences that may result in them viewing problems and opportunities differently.
- Maintains a fair, straightforward, honorable and open learning environment.
- Displays professional esteem and courtesy to all fellow students, staff and instructors, no matter how difficult the circumstances.
A total of 36 students graduated from this year’s Baking Science and Technology Course. This latest class, number 194, included representatives from 11 companies and 10 countries, and one self-sponsored student.