ST. PAUL, MINN. — The Cereals & Grains Association announced new officers for the association’s board of directors. The announcement was made at the association’s annual meeting, Cereals & Grains 19, held in Denver in November.
Dave L. Braun has been named president, succeeding Maureen C. Olewnik, Ph.D. Mr. Braun is a commercial manager at Bunge Milling and has been employed in the flour milling industry for 38 years.
Dr. Olewnik will serve as the chair of the board for 2020. Marta S. Izydorczyk, Ph.D., is the board’s new president-elect. Dr. Izydorczyk is a research scientist and manager of milling and research on barley at the Canadian Grain Commission and an adjunct professor at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man.
New directors include Mirko Bunzel of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and Larisa Cato of the Australian Export Grains Innovation Centre. Harrison Helmick, Purdue University, is the new student representative.
Daniel Morin, Martin G. Scanlon, Glen L. Weaver, and Diane L. Gannon will continue as directors. Lauren Brewer will continue to serve as treasurer.
The board of directors include the following:
- President — Dave L. Braun, Bunge Milling Division
- Chair of the board — Maureen C. Olewnik, Kansas State University
- President-elect — Marta S. Izydorczyk, Canadian Grain Commission
- Treasurer — Lauren Renee Brewer, General Mills
- Director — Mirko Bunzel, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Director — Larisa Cato, Australian Export Grains Innovation Centre
- Director — Diane L. Gannon, Diane Gannon, L.L.C.
- Director — Daniel Morin, T. Marzetti Co.
- Director — Martin G. Scanlon, University of Manitoba
- Director — Glen L. Weaver, Ardent Mills
- Student representative — Harrison Dale Brent Helmick, Purdue University.
For more information about the board of directors visit the association’s web site.
Cereals & Grains Association is a nonprofit organization that provides scientific information on cereals and grains-related topics.