ROLLE, SWITZERLAND — Pierre-Christophe Duprat has been named president of Archer Daniels Midland Co.’s business in Europe, Africa and India. He succeeds Joe Taets, who will return to the United States and continue to lead ADM’s Agricultural Services business unit.
Mr. Duprat most recently was director of international business development for ADM’s Corn Processing business unit. Before that, he spent more than two decades with Tereos Group, including serving as a member of the company’s board of directors and as chief executive officer of the Cereal Transformation Division.
“Since joining ADM in 2013, Pierre has played an important role in helping the corn business expand to the E.U., Asia and, most recently, to the Middle East and North Africa,” said Juan Luciano, chairman and chief executive officer of ADM. “Now, we look forward to seeing him bring his vast industry experience, his ability to adapt nimbly to changing markets and his deep commitment to customer excellence and shareholder value to his new position leading our EMEA business.”
Mr. Duprat will be focusing on five key areas:
• Defining and advancing ADM’s long-term vision for the EMEA region;
• Building and strengthening customer relationships;
• Developing the talent base and cost position needed to strengthen ADM’s competitive position in the region;
• Representing ADM with governments and government agencies; and
• Increasing the pipeline of growth projects.He also will continue in his role as president of ADM Corn EMEA and Asia.