ESSEN, GERMANY — The Brenntag Group’s North American Food & Nutrition business unit has entered into a mutually exclusive distribution agreement with AB Enzymes, Inc. for the distribution of its enzymes in the United States and Canada.
“Our relationship with AB Enzymes exemplifies Brenntag’s commitment to providing customers with the highest quality products from leading manufacturers,” said Larry Davis, vice-president of Brenntag North America, Food & Nutrition. “We are confident that Brenntag’s Food & Nutrition team, with the support of AB Enzymes’ technical capabilities and enzyme offering, will bring significant value to our customers.”
A subsidiary of ABF Ingredients, AB Enzymes develops, manufactures and supplies enzymes for food and nutrition applications globally. The distribution agreement will allow Brenntag to distribute AB Enzymes’ product portfolio, including:
- VERON for baking, flour milling and pasta applications for process optimization, better dough handling and narrower process control.
- ROHALASE for grain and oilseed manufacturing processes to optimize efficiency and increase performance.
- ROHAMENT for fruits, vegetables, juices, and wines for optimal cellulose breakdown, increased quality and improved clarification and filtration.
- ROHAPECT for fruits, vegetables, juices and wines for optimal pectin breakdown, increased quality and improved clarification and filtration.
- ROHAVIN for fruits, vegetables, juices and wines for optimal pectin breakdown, increased quality and improved clarification and filtration.
- COROLASE for protein processing and modification to improve digestibility and antioxidant capability, and reduction in allergenic compounds.
“We see a great fit and high synergies of enzymes with the portfolio of Brenntag to the baking and food industries,” said Martin Schaffrannek, global sales director for AB Enzymes. “Combining our capabilities creates powerful new options for our customers.”
Brenntag North America offers more than 10,000 products and raw material solutions. The company operates 190 distribution locations across the United States and Canada and offers specific application technology, technical support and value-added services.
“Our customers will benefit from the proven expertise and the wide regional coverage of the Brenntag team,” said Greg LeFebvre, North American regional director for AB Enzymes. “Our teams will work together with our customers to provide novel solutions and an enhanced level of service.”