MANCHESTER, ENGLAND — Expanding its portfolio of traditional European bakery products, St Pierre Groupe has launched a new range of individually wrapped snacks.
Ten products are included in the new line that contains downsized versions of the bakery’s top-selling items as well as fresh concepts. The snack portfolio includes:
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bar, a crispy bar that includes layers of caramel and Belgian milk chocolate.
- Rocky Road Bar, a chocolate bar packed with marshmallow, raisins and pieces of crunchy biscuit.
- Caramel Cake Bar, a 2-layer white snack cake filled with caramel and enrobed in chocolate.
- Chocolate Cake Bar, a double-layer chocolate snack cake that contains a chocolate filling and coating.
- Butter Belgian Waffle, a handheld version of a Belgian waffle.
- Cinnamon Belgian Waffle, a cinnamon waffle with crunchy sugar pieces.
- Butter Belgian Waffle with Chocolate Coating, a waffle enrobed in chocolate.
- Caramel Waffle, two crispy waffles sandwiched with caramel.
- Chocolate & Hazelnut Rolled Crepe, a rolled crepe packed with chocolate and hazelnut filling.
- Cinnamon Rolled Crepe, a rolled crepe stuffed with a cinnamon filling.
“We wanted to create a product that appealed to the busy, on-the-go American consumer but still represented our core brand,” said Paul Baker, founder, St Pierre. “These products are the perfect complement to a hot cup of coffee or tea, which is why we feel they will do well in the c-store space, especially when merchandised and promoted together.”
To drive impulse purchases, the snacks are available in retail-ready packaging that can be displayed on deli counters or coffee bars. A full-size rack is also available for retailers looking to promote the grab-and-go products in their stores.
The bars and waffles are sold in packs of 12 and have a suggested retail price between $1.49 to $2.49. The crepes are packaged to include 20 per case and have a suggested retail price of 99c. The line is shipped frozen to ensure freshness, and all items have a 28-day shelf life.